Sunday, December 30, 2012

2012


Well, friends, 2012 is almost over. We've been blessed greatly this year and I have had the grand opportunity of getting to know my in-laws a lot better. It's definitely had downsides to living with the in-laws but I can say that I feel like I know them a lot better. And working the farmer's market with Amanda turned out to be a great bonding experience with her also. (I sure am ready to move though ;))

2012 In a Nut Shell
January-Settled in. Oliver got his job back at Appleton Steel. I worked at Little Angel Child Care for my 7 week internship. Callings in the YM and YW.
February-Still working hard. Enjoying Wisconsin! Finished internship and therefore all homework ;) Quit Walgreens :D
March
April-I officially graduated from BYU-Idaho with a Bachelor's in Child Development
June-Trip to Wisconsin Dells with my family for the annual Dells Run. Three year anniversary. Day trip to Six Flags! Rode the new X-flight coaster and every other roller coaster a few times. It was a great day to go.
July-I got an ipad for my birthday! So worth it. Noah's Ark in the Dells with the Clares. That was a great day (on the Fourth of July).
August-
September-Paid off Oliver's student loans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think Brittany and Ethan got engaged sometime around here. Also started a new job at Play and Grow Learning Center as a three-year-old teacher.
October-Carved the sweetest pumpkin ever.
November-Being thankful. Picked up Oscar.
December-Excellent Christmas. Started looking at houses!!!

So our year was not all that exciting. Honestly we've been working our butts off to pay off our student loans and save for a house. This has meant restricting our budget a bit (although we got a break for Christmas because Oliver worked on a house with his Dad and that paid for Christmas). We finally got to start looking at houses! We're working with a great mortgage lady and the relator seemed pretty nice when we looked this past Friday. I have already found the perfect house in the perfect location and Oliver likes it too but since we've only seen three houses we're going to check out some other ones in the area first before moving forward with that one. I would be okay with not looking but it's probably the better idea. If we find a house, etc, then we should be moving in March and more than half of my student loans will be paid off. So living with the in-laws has been bitter sweet. We have been able to save so much by living here and it has been a great experience getting to know everyone even better but I am so looking forward to moving on and being able to have my own house in just 3 months! I'm really looking forward to using all of my stuff again and two Christmases worth of presents that I haven't been able to really open because I can't use them yet. It's going to be a big year!


No comments:

Post a Comment